As we enter into 2023 the words from John 14:27 give me great comfort. Quentin Holmes, the editor of PNN, always knows how to pick a great theme. The year 2022 didn’t begin or end well in my life and I needed to be reminded of this promise! I pray each of you will also find comfort in these words.
POAMN was really busy in 2022. I hope you were there with us enjoying all that was offered to enhance your ministry with and for older adults and caregivers. In case you missed something, here is a review of all the happenings:
- Published five issues of the POAMN Network News (PNN);
- Offered grant opportunities for groups or churches needing a little financial help;
- Published the 2022 POAMN Planning Guide;
- Shared information about the Columbia Presbyterian Theological Seminary Lifelong Learning Center’s Older Adult Ministry Certification Courses;
- Created online learning cohorts;
- Celebrated Older American Month with a virtual service;
- Held a leadership retreat at Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center;
- Conducted the POAMN annual business meeting and
- Held a virtual Winter Solstice worship service.
If something sparks your curiosity, please visit our events page to find recordings and information about most of these activities.
At the end of 2022 we said goodbye to Ginny Nyhuis who has been a mainstay with POAMN for over 20 years as our support staff. For those of you who work with non-profit boards you know how important having someone in this position can be. Ginny was exceptionally fabulous and we rejoice with her on her retirement!!
We also welcomed Kelley Hope as our new organizational administrator. Learn more about her here.
I invite each of you to become more involved with this great organization. This year we are getting away from the terminology and structure of committees and opening up the opportunity for any member to be part of a TEAM led by a board member. Our teams include membership, conference and webinar planning, communications, publications and special projects. If one of these teams interests you or if you want to know more about them reach out to [email protected]